Sunday, October 19, 2008

Following Federer

Hooray FEDERER!!





Although Nadal currently holds the No.1 spot in the rankings, I am still enchanted whenever Federer steps in the court. His presence is just overwhelming. Even though he lost to Nadal during the Wimbledon finals, he made up for it with excellent performances in the US open. His awesome semi-final win against Djokovic and the finals match with Nadal is just so good to watch.





I've started following Federer's conquests since I was in Fourth Year High School. I first saw him play while switching channels and saw the match between him and Andy Roddick. Sure Roddick is a looker, but Federer smashed him to the ground. So that was how it began.





Now the Wimbledon Finals





So far, Wimbledon 2008 is by far Federer's lowest moment. I understand what happened in the French Open but Wimbledon was a shocker. My aunt who is residing in Arizona bets on Nadal for this year's Wimbledon while I obviously on Federer with full confidence. I eagerly awaited for that fateful day where I will prove to her Federer's supreme element in grass court.


I was glad she never called just to shove in my face that she won the bet. More so, that Nadal beat Federer.
Wimbledon 2008: Look at him! I shall never see that face next year.
For sure he'll regain the spot he owned.
Looking Forward to 2009

Next year, I will root for Federer again. Towards the end of 2008, there's not much that can be done to regain the top spot, that's why next year is the start for conquering the top spot in the rankings. Starting the four grand slam tournaments will be the Australian Open. Of course the Roland Garros can be forgiven, but Wimbledon 2009 will make or break all attempts to move up in the rankings.

I'll keep watch...




No comments: